Damien Hirst.

Damien Hirst.
"The Artist At Work."

Bob Marley.

Bob Marley.
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain”

Friday, March 6, 2009

"...the ethical man knows not to cheat on his wife whereas the moral man actually doesn't."

In reference to #2 on this site: http://www.friesian.com/valley/dilemmas.htm.

If that were me, I think i would have chosen to pull the chair. Although it's horrible and sad, the rationality is
that if I wasn't the one to pull the chair, the guard would have done it then killed another innocent person because
of my actions. It's a terrible thing and as sad as it is, it's the right thing to do. No matter what the son would have died.
At least his death wouldn't have caused another person their life. As a father, I can't even imagine what it must have
been like to have to do that to your own son. But I wouldn't want my actions to take someone else's life. Rationally,
one person dying is better than two people dying. The chances of me being able to understand the pain of a father
killing his own son is slim. But in this situation there is I think there is technically a right and wrong thing to do.

No comments: