Damien Hirst.

Damien Hirst.
"The Artist At Work."

Bob Marley.

Bob Marley.
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain”

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"Laughter."

I don't really see it. My sister and I are nothing alike, but apparently we are. But how? I'm old enough to know what the hype around the Spice Girls was like, and to understand what song people are talking about when they refer to "Baby, Got Back." I'm old enough to have thoroughly enjoyed a movie about an annoying kid who gets left "Home Alone," and understand what the acronym TMNT is. What is she old enough for? I have incense sitting in my room older than her. I flip the channels and pick probably the most violent show or whatever has cars crashing into things. Her? She picks the show with the most color or some show that revolves around a figment of some crackhead's imagination. (a.k.a Spongebob? The Hell?..) Her clothes never match because she's going through what my mother calls "a phase." (Mind you, that's what she called it when my sister spent two weeks running into walls. Yea... okay..) She always wants to pick her own clothes so it usually ends up being purple pants, a yellow shirt, and some belt that couldn't have any more obnoxious designs on it. Me, on the other hand, I'm really not sure if I own anything that isn't completely or partially black. So I don't see it. We aren't alike. Well, I'm pretty sure she gets her attitude problem from me. Or the strange things she says every now and then are probably my fault too. The only time i realized that we were actually related was when she got sent home early from school for mauling a kid in her class. He took her lunch box, and I MAY have insinuated to her that it was okay to hit people if they started it. So she kicked, punched, bit, and basically destroyed the kid. Yup, maybe we are related. 

No comments: