Damien Hirst.

Damien Hirst.
"The Artist At Work."

Bob Marley.

Bob Marley.
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain”

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"my name."

"susan lee. " 8 letters altogether. 3 syllables in total. "eel nasus" backwards. i like it though. i've had quite a few nicknames. but my most famous must be the nickname that incorporates my entire name without a space between the first and the last. suzylee. it's what people know me as. you can say it in one breath. you can say it without stopping for a pause. it's just simple and straight to the point. it's different and simple. i think that's what makes it me. i'm pretty simple and by far pretty different. i think it's interesting in the sense that one of my all time favorite bands has a song called "Suzy Lee." it's also interesting the song describes me in the most opposite way. it's a song about being unsure, insecure, negative, and scared of being alone. i don't consider myself any of that. i'm sure of myself and the person i've worked hard to become. i'm not negative or positive. i'm realistic. and most of all, i'm not afraid to be alone. i know that the only person whose going to take care of you is yourself and everyone needs to learn that. everyone needs to learn that they can't expect people to always be there to fall on and depend on. sometimes, when you fall it's up to you to put your own hands on the ground and push yourself back up. lee. it's such a common name. i've heard it as a first name, a middle name, and as a last name. but i like the tone it has. suzy lee. i get to use 2 letters most people don't get to use in a name. it's not a loose name it's not a strong name. it's practical to me with a bit of an artistic flare. and to me, that's perfectly fine. 

No comments: